FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
615 North First Street
First Congregational Church UCC of DeKalb is accepting applications for the salaried position of Chancel Choir Director beginning in August of 2018.
The Chancel Choir Director will provide leadership for the choir of First Congregational. Responsibilities of the Chancel Choir Director include:
- Directing the choir at regularly scheduled services from Rally Day (normally, the first or second Sunday of September) through Choir Appreciation Sunday (normally, the first or second Sunday of May); additionally, will provide choral music for the Carols and Candles service (normally, the evening of the second Sunday in December), Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday evening services
- Securing appropriate musicians for the choir’s summer interim, normally the period between Choir Appreciation Sunday and Rally Day
- Selecting music appropriate for the abilities of the Chancel Choir members and for the liturgical calendar of the church
- Rehearsing as necessary (normally weekly) to provide adequate preparation for two music selections at each regularly scheduled service and additional selections for special services
- Overseeing the purchase of all music and musical supplies and the hiring of all instrumentalists, vocal soloists, and paid scholarship singers
- Cooperating with the Music Committee in the general planning and leadership of the music program, including monthly planning meetings in coordination with the Pastors and Organist
- Maintaining and updating the music library in an orderly fashion
- Participating in the worship and community life of the church as a member of the Music Committee, a subcommittee of the Ministry Team for Worship
Training in conducting specific to choral ensembles is required. Previous choral conducting experience is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including your contact information, CV, and contact information for two references by mail to:
First Congregational UCC
ATTN: Music Search
615 N First St
DeKalb IL 60115
A conducting audition with members of the Chancel Choir will be required as part of the application process.